Instructions for Abstract
Abstract is accepted for poster presentation (onsite) during the symposium on Apr 13, 2022. Awards will be provided to the best poster presentations in each category (undergrad, graduate, and postdoc).
- Extended Abstract Submission Deadline: March 28, 2022
- Content: All biomedical research areas
- Format: Descriptive title; Contributing author list; Affiliations; Structured abstract body.
Abstract title: (30 words max) The title should clearly indicate the nature of the research performed. Describe your research in succinct terms, reflecting the contents of your abstract.
Abstract body: (250 words max).
- Introductory sentence(s)
- Statement of hypothesis, thesis, purpose, or question of study
- General methods, procedures, sources, or media used
- Primary results, findings, or arguments
- Primary conclusion/implication of the work
- General statement of the significance of the research or creative work
Instructions for Poster Presentations
Presenter must have their printed poster with them and display the poster on their assigned easel upon arrival on Wednesday, April 13. Please keep the poster on the board during the symposium on the same day.
- Size: The poster should be printed as 3 feet by 4 feet (36 inches by 48 inches) or smaller to fit in the poster boards.
- Font size: The font for text within the poster should be no smaller than 32 point.
- Content: The poster should contain title, author list, affiliation, background/introduction, methods, results, and conclusions. You are encouraged to use graphs, photographs, and other visual aides to help the viewer understand your project.
- Presentation: The presenter is required to stand by the poster during poster session, and should prepare for a short (2-4 minute) comprehensive introduction of the poster to the audience and the judges.